Naples, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Naples
May 29th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Distant Drum Distant Drum Distant Drum

At the Docks of Naples Yacht Club
Well, today was a fabulous and relaxing day. We started the day hanging out and playing games (chess and backgammon are among the current favorites, although once the Arbisi clan arrives, we'll be in for a serious Apples to Apples match). While Josh and I played, Scott finished his work on the generator, which of course is working now...need I say more?

We walked into town and spent some time cruising through the 3rd Street South shops, 5th Ave shops and Tin City. After a long walk, we decided to head back to the boat and watch a movie. Josh chose Gladiator, so as you can imagine, that was a lot of fun to explain.

This evening we went into the Naples Yacht Club, which just reopened their new building tonight. It is a beautiful club. We walked over to 3rd Street for dinner at a wonderful Italian restaurant.

Tomorrow, we're heading down to the Everglades. We plan to hit the Shark River and Cape Sable. I believe we will be out of touch for a day or two while there. The beaches are gorgeous and the scenery is amazing. Looking forward to the 60 mile journey south!
Ilene RelaxingIlene RelaxingIlene Relaxing

Yes, Ilene does relax from time to time




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Scott & JoshScott & Josh
Scott & Josh

After a "short" game of chess


Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb