Off to Naples


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Naples
May 28th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ft. Myers BeachFt. Myers BeachFt. Myers Beach

The view from Distant Drum
Today started out breezy and cool, so we decided to take a walk along Ft. Myers beach. We walked out onto the pier and saw a huge stingray and a bunch of snook. The water here is green and clear. After breakfast, we set sail for Naples. Next stop is Naples Yacht Club. Along the way, we saw a bunch of dolphins. Off in the distance, Scott noticed something rather large floating in the water, which he thought was a sea turtle. It was a very large sea turtle, but unfortunately, it was not alive. It appeared to have been caught in the line from a crab trap. It was very sad, but there wasn't anything we could do at that point. We admired the turtle for a moment and then moved on.

We arrived at Naples Yacht Club around 3 p.m. and decided to take a dip in the pool before cleaning up for the day. Scott also decided to install the new part for the generator, which definitely fixed the problem, but there is still a loose connection somewhere. He's determined to find it, but tomorrow is another day.

We decided to head out to The Dock
The BoysThe BoysThe Boys

Scott and Josh enjoying the day!
restaurant, which is just up the dock from the city marina in Naples. We're so amazed with Josh this trip, as he has been trying all sorts of new things (for him - a departure from hamburgers and PB&J!). Last night he actually tried some of Scott's whole mangrove snapper, and he really liked it! On the way to the restaurant, we stopped in at the Old Naples Ship Store, famous for having all sorts of fun nautical treasures.

We think we may stay one more day here in Naples, so we can check out Tin City and the 3rd Avenue Shops.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

RelaxingRelaxing
Relaxing

Scott and Josh just hanging around
The Cooper FamilyThe Cooper Family
The Cooper Family

Enjoying an evening at The Dock in Naples


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb