Headed to the Shark River


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Anchorage at Shark River, EvergladesThe Anchorage at Shark River, EvergladesThe Anchorage at Shark River, Everglades

2 other boats joined us for the evening!
Early Friday morning, May 30th, we decided to head out from Naples Yacht Club and head toward the Shark River. The Shark River is on the lower west coast of the Everglades, so as you can imagine, there are a lot of mangroves. It is truly beautiful there. The journey would take just about all day, as it is about 60 miles south of Naples.

No sooner did we leave the channel in Naples and head into the gulf, but we saw a set of large dolphins swimming literraly 2 feet along side our boat. We tried desperately to capture their picture. Not sure it went so well.

Later that afternoon we saw a large thunderstorm off in the distance. We heard a little bit of thunder, but the storm never actually passed over us. We got just a tiny bit of sprinkle.

We anchored pretty far off the mangroves, taking cue from 2 other sailboats. We grilled out, listened to Jimmy Buffet and watched a gorgeous sunset.

All in all, just another day in paradise!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Dolphin Dolphin
Dolphin

Dolphin swimming along side Distant Drum
Traveling Along the Shark RiverTraveling Along the Shark River
Traveling Along the Shark River

A view from the dingy
Josh RelaxingJosh Relaxing
Josh Relaxing

What else is there to do when you are 9?


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb