Brand New Manny's - Here We Come!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Kissimmee
January 11th 2016
Published: January 12th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Remember the wonderful restaurant we would go to these last couple years on Rt. 27? It is called Manny's. It has kind of a gas station, car and sign theme. It was where the folks would line up for blocks to get into the place when it opened at 4:00 PM. Well, they opened up one of these restaurants on the main route we live on:192. Terrific. So much closer than the lengthy distance we would travel to get to the one on Rt.27 (but well worth the drive).

Thus, Sam, Sandy and the two of us moseyed down the pike and went to this new one tonight. It was as great as the other place so we are set for the season. They specialize in steaks but I had their shrimp and it was to die for. One thing you have to watch out for is they have a Happy Hour so when I ordered by whiskey and ginger ale in a tall glass (because I don't like it strong).....they brought me TWO big drinks. Not ever one to let anything go to waste....I gulped them both down. Lulu just stared at me in awe. For awhile, "Candy" came out of her shell. That's when it was time to leave. It was so nice to be back with Sam & Sandy.....almost like we hadn't been apart by many miles and many months. I wish all of you could meet them...they are truly a fun and great couple. I'll tell them you say "hi" anyway. What laughs we had tonight ......sometimes we laugh and don't even know what we are laughing about.

The weather is not cooperating. My cousin, Paul and his wife Clare, are coming here tomorrow to stay awhile with us. They are coming from British Columbia where it's been chilly. They won't find the weather to be much different here. Why? Is it El NiƱo? We are back running our furnaces again as well as wearing warm jackets. Welcome to frosty Florida, Paul & Clare. Mother Nature can be nasty at times. Even Lulu is complaining her lips are chapped.

We completed the outdoor decor around our site. Canopy tent with clear plastic sides are up. It will protect us from the elements. More lights are strung so we look like a small carnival. Cory changed our license plate to draw attention. Now we are from St. Maaten in the British West Indies. When they ask how we got the RV over here, his answer will either be he was towed by a tugboat pulling a barge with it on it...or our yacht pulled it on a barge, also. Last year we had a plate from Hawaii.....then he said we drive over a huge, new bridge or took a new, big tunnel. Cory always has an answer for any question asked. His mind works like a master computer. Lulu loves the Motel 66 sign the best. Typical.....she's not the prude you think she is. This is not her first rodeo.

Time to call it quits for tonight. Sam & Cory are watching some football game. They have a wager on it so the winner buys breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Right now, it looks like the Foreman's

are going to have to cough up the big bucks. Of course, anything can happen to change that. Cory is trying to figure out how to get his root beer in a frosted mug "to go." I'm wondering if the wager includes shopping in their gift shop. I'll try it and see. Bring your wallets just in case. Wait a minute.....Noooooo. The score has changed. Now Sam's team is ahead. Rats. We have to go to Plan B. We were counting our chickens before they hatched. Never do that! We have to prepare ourselves for what ever.....McDonalds here we come! Stay tuned for the final outcome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Outdoor barOutdoor bar
Outdoor bar

Lulu waits for a drink
Best EverBest Ever
Best Ever

Lulu snuggles with Elvis.
The foursome plus Miss LuluThe foursome plus Miss Lulu
The foursome plus Miss Lulu

Cory, Sandy, Lulu, Sandy, & Sam
Our license plate Our license plate
Our license plate

Lulu approves
Lulu says this is her sign Lulu says this is her sign
Lulu says this is her sign

We'll leave the light on for you!


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb