Hawks Cay


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Marathon
February 15th 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Capt. Steve got us back to Stock Island Marina right on time at 3:00PM and we made the one hour trip to Hawks Cay. Jan and I stayed here for ten days a couple winters ago and really enjoyed it. It's on its own little key called Duck Key. Also friends of mine from my golf course, Old Oak, Angelo and Kelly were married here last year and everyone who attended loved it.



We were booked into the Sunset Villas area of the resort. It was a two story condo with LARGE bedrooms or maybe they just seemed that big after 4 nights on the boat. Our back porch had a very nice view and we brought our drinks out there to watch the sunset. After the sun set, we all felt too tired to venture out for dinner. In addition, Marilyn's cold was at full strength. So we ordered room service meals of burgers, with Jan getting a grouper sandwich that she loved.



We started surfing the TV and found that the 40th anniversary program on Saturday Night Live was on tonight. Marilyn headed to bed to get some rest and try to recover
First Sunset at Hawks CayFirst Sunset at Hawks CayFirst Sunset at Hawks Cay

In a tee shirt. Sure beats below zero back home!
from the cold while Jan, Dan and I watched the show and munched on conch fritters. Great show.



The next day we headed down to the pool area. The resort has three pools, one of which is a salt water lagoon and two bars. It was a relatively warm day, probably 74, and we wanted to take advantage of the sun and heated pool. We spent the entire day soaking up the sun and enjoying poolside drinks. After all that relaxing on the sail boat, we managed to relax even more here at Hawks Cay. Tomorrow we head to Miami Beach.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Kinda RelaxedKinda Relaxed
Kinda Relaxed

Second evening on the back porch.
Hawks Cay MarinaHawks Cay Marina
Hawks Cay Marina

I'm always astonished ho many wealthy people there are. Tons of boats in the million dollar plus range.


10th March 2015

who needs it?
I don't need a vacation, I am reliving yours! haha
18th March 2015

This was a nice resort ; we had relaxing time with swimming and poolside drinks . Short stay and on to Miami Beach !
2nd April 2015

Finally in shorts!!
I was thrilled that the temperatures finally allowed us to take advantage of sitting by the pool and donning the bathing suits!! These sunsets were spectacular - this is what vacations are all about!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb