Down the Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Crystal River
February 4th 2009
Published: March 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


February 4, Wednesday

Chilly morning, temps in the low 30’s but came up by noon. Jerry and Judy decided to accompany us on our trek to Key West, we left around 12:05 and took the LONG way around Panama City Beach. We reached St George’s Island about sundown and took refuge from the cold in the Buccaneer Inn. Reasonably nice kitchenette room. The Inn is right on the beach, but beach facing rooms were $30 more. We ate pizza at a nearby joint, pretty good actually, then all headed for bed and some TV/reading. Very cold night, temps in the high 20’s. This is Florida???


February 5, Thursday

Up late again due to cold temps. we suited up and were finally ready to go around 12:35. Beautiful ride along the gulf shore, stopped for coffee just west of Perry FL. Rose’s Botanicals - Soap Factory and Gift Shop. Rose turned out to be a lovely older lady with quite a story of taking care of her dear sister, losing several close family members, then having a major heart attack and survival fight of her own. She has an incredibly an bright outlook on her life, believing that every moment she has now is special. She makes all her own soaps etc. rosesbotanicals@embarqmail.com. Lunch was on the curb outside the Winn Dixie in Perry. On to find a place to stay just south of Crystal River FL. The 3 River Motel. Cheap but clean accommodations.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb