Bears on the Beach at Carrabelle Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Carrabelle
August 1st 2016
Published: August 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

As I said in the previous blog we really scored at this campground, our view is amazing and everything is so nice here. We drove through town, purchased some bait, visited the bottle house, the world's smallest police station which was a telephone booth (see pics), and saw Crooked River Lighthouse from the outside. Once we returned we all went to the beach to hang out and fish. The sand was surprisingly white and powdery. The best part is since it is a private beach you are able to bring your pet. Daisy was ready to come home at dark since the bugs were driving her crazy, but Nate could not bring himself to leave the beach. He caught so many nice size fish and a sting ray too, but unfortunately none were keepers. Nate finally came back around eleven and we still had to do two loads of wash that took us till two a.m.

When we woke up we went swimming at the pool, hung at the beach and fished again. The pool had a really nice set up with lots of seating and deck areas to view the ocean. It was the first pool that was warm the entire trip, ironically we wanted it to be colder. This was the first and only day as well that we did not drive anywhere which was really nice, believe the traveling has finally caught up to us. We started talking about what we are looking forward to the most when we get back; I said a nice long hot shower. Daisy was excited to have her own computer and to see her cousins and of course her other buddies from school. Nate said that he seconds the long hot shower being that for 3 of us to shower with a 6 gallon water heater is at times a waiting game. He is also ready for our nice big bed where his feet do not hang off the end, oh and the dog door for Mandy, she usually wakes us twice a night and never when we are about to wake up, no that would be way too convenient. I can't say we could have had a better time together stuffed in our "little" house and are thankful that as our memories of the trip fade we will also have the blog to help us reminisce of what an awesome adventure we enjoyed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb