Day 17 – Starting Second Cruise – Transatlantic via Bermuda, Funchal Madeira and Malaga


Advertisement
Published: April 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Norwegian had a promotion going when we booked this next section of the cruise. As well as a really good price, they gave us the Ultimate Beverage Package and six nights of Speciality Dining completely free. We also have a balcony room for the first time for this segment. The Ultimate Beverage Package would have cost us about £850 to buy for the two weeks. We would not normally buy the beverage package, instead opting for the Soda package which would have cost us about £160. Either way it is a very good saving. The Speciality Dining would have cost us £190 if we had purchased it. The only negative point was paying for the Internet instead.

As we are changing cabins, we are down at customer services desk for 7.00am this morning to get our new key cards and also to secure our places in the posh club for the next two weeks.

We had a leisurely breakfast in the buffet and it was great watching the other guests lugging bags around ready for their departure from the ship. Leaving the ship is always a sad moment especially when you have had an awesome holiday.

We then headed to the Moderno restaurant where all those that were staying on board had been told to meet. We still had some data left over from the USA trip, so it was a good time to get some internet work done.

At about 10.00am, we were all escorted off the ship and had to hand our completed customs cards in. We were really surprised that we were never asked to show our passports before we were ready to board the ship again. The wait was about 10 minutes. The two of us were the very first two passengers to board the ship for this cruise.

As it was still early, we decided that we would head to Posh and get some morning sun before the ship got busy. It looks like it is going to be lot busier on board this week.

We had a light buffet lunch then headed to the new cabin to unpack again.

Our home for the next two weeks is a lot bigger than the inside cabin we had last week and it is really great having the balcony. Being able to open the door and get fresh air is great. Think we are going to get a lot of use out of that.

This evening we are eating at Moderno restaurant. This is a new feature on board Norwegian Epic. Its full name is Moderno Churrascaria. When sailing the sea you are able to experience different parts of the world. Energy and Latin flare brings the Brazilian Churrascaria to life. Enjoy a Caipirinha while having meats freshly sliced tableside. A Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça, sugar and lime. Cachaça, also known as pinga, caninha, or any one of a multitude of traditional names, is Brazil's most common distilled alcoholic beverage.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



4th May 2017

Next leg of trip
Wow cabin looks really spacious and with the added balcony, posh, ultimate beverage package, bargin as always as well I can see that this us going to be a very enjoyable 13 days,
4th May 2017

With or without ?
Finally, did you use regularly the balcony ? do you recommend this according to the difference of price usually done ?
4th May 2017

Finally, did you use regularly the balcony ? do you recommend this according to the difference of price usually done ?
Could not use balcony as Transatlantic crossing was cold. Balcony rooms are bigger than a normal internal stateroom. We will be using balcony rooms from now on.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb