Day 16 – Great Stirrup Cay - Bahamas


Advertisement
Published: April 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Great Stirrup Cay is a private island in the Bahamas exclusively owned and run by Norwegian Cruise Lines and used solely by their customers.

NCL had done a large amount of renovation to the island, but then it was recently hit badly by a hurricane and most of the renovations destroyed. In the last six months, NCL have worked very hard to rebuild the facilities, but you can see it is still a notable work in progress. There was enough there for us though. It was a very pleasant place to visit.

We were on the third tender out to the island from the ship and there were still not too many people there.

We had a chance to have a relaxed swim, although the water was too cold to stay in too long. We saw rays and some large fish swimming around where people were swimming and snorkelling.

After a short while, we caught the tender back to the ship and spent the rest of the day in posh.

We are moving cabins tomorrow to a room with a balcony, so have packed all our belongings up ready for the cabin staff to move tomorrow. If we were leaving the ship, we would have to leave all our bags in the corridor, but because we are staying, they are left in the cabin ready to be moved. This will be our first ever balcony and is a treat for the next Transatlantic leg from Port Canaveral Florida tomorrow.

Tonight is Italian night in the buffet, so we decided to have another meal at Shanghai Restaurant. This was a perfect opportunity to try some different foods and was all again very tasty.

No casino tonight, as we have an early start in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



2nd May 2017

Day 16
You seem to be having some interesting days out always followed by a nice relaxing time in push and good food, my type of holiday
4th May 2017

What was the temperature of water?
4th May 2017

What was the temperature of water?
Pretty cold

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb