Day 7 - Mother Nature's Son (Paul McCartney)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
September 30th 2016
Published: September 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Colorado Rocky Mountain Hi!

Wow! Yesterday we traveled from Big Springs to Sylvan Lake State Park in Colorado...but not without some drama! As the altitude was increasing steadily, we climbed to over 11,000 feet, the RV struggled a bit. Joyce wanted to turn around and head for lower ground! But after major consultation with DJ and the Motorcoach, Marc convinced her that they could make it to Sylvan Lake without a problem. He was right, but we had spent a great deal of time turning around and assessing the situation so by the time we reached Eagle, Colorado it was after 6 and we still had to make our way up to the park which was only 15 miles but was slotted to take an hour. We turned up the road and took the slow climb. We lost all cell service and just followed the signs. The last 9 miles were up a dirt road and it was dark. Joyce might have said, "This is no place I should ever be!" Marc likely said, "This is the greatest place I've ever been!"

Finally we pulled in, and in the pitch black night, Marc found our spot. No hook ups and no cell service but the RV is very self sufficient, even when you're dry camping.

It rained during the night and this morning but we took the 1 1/2 mile hike around the lake. Many Colorado natives there and they told us that Sylvan is the most beautiful state park in Colorado!

On the road to Utah now and will post again tomorrow! Don't forget to check out our pics!

Marc and Joyce


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb