It all comes down to the Time Trial


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
August 26th 2012
Published: June 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Captain America!Captain America!Captain America!

otherwise known as David Zabriskie
Geo: 39.74, -104.992

I came back from Glenwood Springs in time to meet up with Dejo, Andrew & Karen for the final leg, an individual time trial.

Andrew & Karen had arrived early, and staked out a good spot near City Park, where we could see the guys on their way into the park, and on their way out. Since a time trial involves each rider doing the course on their own, one at a time, in 1 minute increments, we had pretty much constant action.

We had the TourTracker app going, so we could keep track of who was coming at us, and what their time was. I'd like to think it was my shouting his current standing that spurred Christian VandeVelde to kick it into high gear, but probably not.

It was really great to be so close to George Hincapie as he headed back around for his final 3 km of his career. We weren't the only ones sending him off -- the crowd swarmed the road as he came back around. Very cool to see.

So. There you go. The 2nd USA Pro Challenge (or Pro Cycling Challenge, or Tour of Colorado, or whatever it'll be called next year) is in the bag. We got to see starts, finishes, sprints, KOMs and feed zones. We met riders and behind-the-scenes folks. We camped, we ran, we waited, we hunkered, we painted. And we cheered. Oh, did we cheer.

And we'll be back next year.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb