We're home!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
August 18th 2014
Published: August 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We made it back safely on Saturday, August 16 around 4: 15pm. What a trip! It's crazy to think about how wheels can take you clear across the country and back in a matter of days.

Rewind to a few days ago…… we were staying at the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas. If I had to do it over again, I would have got us a cheaper place on Fremont St in old downtown Vegas. Everything was just too expensive at the Mandalay; food, shopping, gambling, etc. This being said, we did enjoy the luxuries of our hotel. The rooms were very nice and had good views and the free in-house entertainment kept us busy in our down time. The first night we went downstairs and enjoyed a Beatles cover band that we all thought was very good. Nick and I then tried our luck at the black jack table………there's not much else to say about that. I believe Nick made his $$ back the next day and I aaaaaalmost made all of mine back. The others played the slots without much luck, can you believe it?!

On Thursday, Nick and I caught a cab and went north on the strip to Madame Tussauds (Wax museum) and had some fun there. The fun halted after that when we had to wait over 1.5 hrs for our cab to arrive. Nick is so good with times like these; patient, high spirited, social. When we got back we checked out the wave pool and then split ways. I believe that's when Nick won his money back.

The drive home was a bit long but we continued to have good conversations and laugh a lot. We drove from Vegas to Grand Junction, CO on Friday, woke up Saturday, hit up a Palisades Peach stand and trucked it home.

What a great experience - I feel so fortunate to have been part of it. Karla, Nick, Eyerusalem, and I spent a good amount of today sharing our stories to our friends at St Paul. What a great place to come back to! Baraki is now on "Vacation" for the next 2 weeks….. sheesh.

Thanks for tuning in and keeping up with our adventures! We couldn't have done it without all of the support 😊

Signing off,

Adam, Nick, Karla, Rita, Eyerusalem, & Baraki


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



19th August 2014

Home
My heart expands.

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb