Wine Tasting


Advertisement
Published: May 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The last few days have been very fun but alcoholic!

We went out to a local pub for a work mates leaving do...she is such a sweetie. We chatted to various people non stop, including my boss Bridget, who both Jo n and I really like. She has invite us to go out for a night her way (so she can stumble home on foot!) which we are looking forward to and Veronica (girl who's leaving after 11 years at Make A Wish to live with her boyfriend in Memphis) invited us out for happy hour again next Thursday...

A great night.

Friday was a nice day. I was invited by Jon's work mates, Linda and Erin to lunch at Hapa Sushi which I said yes to. It was meant to be a 12pm lunch but ended up as 2pm so we were ready for a LOT of Sushi. We met a few other Insight Software staff there and ate $114 worth of food. Jons colleagues are so nice - I feel really comfortable with them and although I have trouble understanding their Americanisms (doozie!!), they are really sweet.

On Saturday we walked Churchy and then had to cage him while we went to Balistreri vineyards (my choice!) to go wine tasting. We had an amazing time. It was a cute little house sized tasting house and we got to try about 30 different wines altogether, plus lovely salami, cheeses, crackers and roasted tomatoes.

We made drunken friends with various people, who recommended places to go and wines to try in Colorado which was nice.

The vineyard was in a surprising location. It was in the Commerce City area (North of Denver) amongst a Fed Ex warehouse, chimneys billowing black smoke and barren waste ground. They had a gorgeous outside area that they use for wine dinners. They roast pigs and have good quality food to go with their home grown wines.

Needless to say, we were a bit tipsy afterwards and stopped off at a huge off ,license called apple Jacks to buy some whites to go with the two Balistreri reds we got from the vineyard.

Once back, I walked Church (as usual, Jon was too lazy) and he made us home made burgers for dinner which smell nice, but I cant vouch for them yet as he is taking bloody ages to make them...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb