Day 22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 22nd 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 36°C

Today was our first sleep in for a while. Some of the people had decided to head to Disneyland again, Myself, Marnee and Lauren (another girl from Contiki) decided we would catch the bus down to Anaheim Plaza for a look around and a quiet day before the next 26days of go, go, go.
We jumped on the bus, not bad pricing and jumped off at another. Grabbed some maccas for lunch (we have fallen in love with their 'dollar menu' which consisted of different stores having different items, all for under $1.
We jumped back on the bus and got off at the plaza. We have discovered 2 more shops we loveeee. There is one that is called 'Ross: Shop for less' and 'TJ Max'. From the outside they look like cheap clothing shops, kinda like Big W or something, but when you get inside its all big brand names for next to nothing. We bought a few odds n ends but restrained ourselves as for Contiki our bags are sposed to be limited in weight (even tho we were all already over!)
We also went into our first Walmart.
Walmart is pretty much a mix of Big W and Kmart. Anything you could want and then some.
We made our way back to the hotel to bid Karen farewell and we had a pre-Contiki meeting that we had to attend.
Basicaklly when we got there all we had to do was fill in some details and that was it. So the group that got there decided that we would get together, get some food and drinks and lounge by the pool and get to know everyone. There was about 25 of us all up and i think we got kicked our of the pool area about 11:15 so headed back to the carpark and everyone kinda dwindled away as we had to catch the bus early in the morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.633s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 84; dbt: 0.1271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb