When all roads lead to Los Angeles


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 34.0533, -118.245

Whistler to Vancouver and then on to Los Angeles - Mac had to travel 2 181 kilometres to the rendezvous and I had to traverse 4366 kms and change time zones but there were no holdups and no mistakes. As arranged, we met in the international checkin to start the last leg of the journey.

Have to say we were both travel weary by the time we got there and were keen to start the journey home. Unfortunately, QANTAS weren't quite as excited as we were and there was an hour delay before we finally boarded for the 13 hour trip home. Had a great little "duo" seat allocation towards the back of the plane and had a bit of extra room for our stuff.

Mac settled into his seat and barely moved. Uncharacteristically, he slept his way through the flight suffering with what seemed like a cold. I was up and down like a yoyo, watched a couple of movies, read a book, talked to a few strangers and enjoyed every drink, snack and meal that was offered and curled up and snoozed.

There is nothing to do really but settle in and let the hours pass by. We were cocooned in so many memories of a fabulous trip. I was buzzing with a million ideas from the ISTE conference and was actually looking forward to a return to work to discuss and explore the possibilities.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb