Happy Canadian Independence Day from Whistler


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Whistler
July 1st 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.1183, -122.954

So this is what a parade looks like. Bring out the red and white it is time to mingle with the locals and get your Canada on!

There were bears and mounties and lots of maple leaves and syrup and just because it's Whistler it is certainly easy to spot the Aussie.

Canada Day is the national day of Canada. It celebrates the anniversary of the July 1, 1867, enactment of the Constitution Act, which united the three separate colonies of the Province of Canada, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick into a single Dominion within the British Empire called Canada. Guess we saw all of this information outside the Parliament in Victoria!
Mindy, Ian and Wayne loved the day amongst the locals but it was tinged with a little sadness because this was the last day on the mountain."
Mindy and Ian had picked the location for the "last feast" of this trip. It was like a bookend for the journey - a special meal to start all those weeks ago and now one last supper!
It was time for Mac to start gathering all the bits and pieces together - including Jan's extra luggage that had been left behind. Packing was high on
the agenda and true to form "Methodical Mac" was able to account for all the necessary items.
In a phone call to the east coast to share details for this entry, Mac the blogger says "I know we are doing stuff, but I can't find the words to explain what is happening. Think we are missing the details of "she who never forgets." Can't even say we spotted a bear!"
Guess blogging was not high on his agenda. Was more the "I'm into the moment" sort of person.
What can I say other than "Pack up your belongings - we are soon to be reunited for the trip home!""




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb