Slip Slidin'


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Sedona
July 9th 2009
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

RV Trip pics 015RV Trip pics 015RV Trip pics 015

At the Goodwill store
We stopped at a Goodwill store to buy some old shorts to put over our ‘expensive water shorts’ because a ranger told us that Slide Rock will ruin our pants. We quickly found 2 pairs for $3.00 each; kind of expensive really. They’re ugly. We drive to Slide Rock, 10 minutes north of Sedona. It really is beautiful. It’s like a natural water park. The water is so cold it takes your breath away; the sign says the water is 65 degrees. Ken decided to try the ‘slide’ first—he would then let me know if it was too rough for me. I watched him and quickly decided I didn’t want to do it. It looked kind of rough—I didn’t want to make a scene. We went down to the area that is like a swimming pool. I got in and it was so cold, but refreshing. There were many people there that were obviously spending the day there. They brought coolers, chairs, toys with them. It would be great to bring Bella here. She would love it. I think Lola is a little young..maybe a bit dangerous for her since she has no fear.
We drove back to our camp. It’s time for happy hour. A beer for Ken, a martini for me. It’s kind of like a cosmo—but different: 2 oz. pear infused Grey Goose, ½ lime squeezed, a splash of cranberry juice and top it off with lime seltzer water. So refreshing.
We are having baked potatoes (on the grill), leftover chicken, and fresh pineapple for dinner.
Watched ‘Secret Lives of Bees’…so good…..I read the book years ago.
We are going to try to leave tomorrow morning at 7am. We have about 250 miles to get to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Can’t wait!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



12th July 2009

Slide Rock
I remember we all wore old shorts over our bathing suits to protect the suits. I don't think the shorts ever were the same color again. After having my own pool at 84* I don't think I could get in at 65* You guys enjoy!
13th July 2009

Slide Rock
I could only stay in a few seconds!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb