It's hard to say goodbye


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Oro Valley
April 14th 2015
Published: April 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

My friends (colleagues in Atlanta) Christine and Sadiha visited us in Tucson for 4 days and we had so much fun. They were so easy to be with. Lola and Ken loved getting to know them. Ken spoiled them with his Barista skills. Lola loved getting up in the morning and joining them in their room. Things I learned about them from living with them, which is always different than just working with them.

1) They both are easy going, flexible-not selfish

2) They both appreciate a GOOD latte

3) They both have patience with young kiddos

4) Sadiha always looks on the bright side of life, she lives it to the fullest always looking for the next adventure

5) Christine has a sweet calm spirit that Lola gravitated to. She wants to learn how to sew like Christine

6) I already knew his but they both share their heart which makes us close friends. We had some great sharing time, stories and a few misty eyes.

They left Monday morning, stopping at 'IN-N-OUT' to pick up lunch on our way to the airport. Sad to see them go.

After they left, Lola and I went shopping for our trip across the country. We are headed to Asheville for the summer. I am back working at Children's. Ken got a part time at the RV park in Asheville-working for our lot rent. It's the same park we stayed at last year-Rutledge Lake. It's 5 minutes from Jason so it is ideal. I will commute from Asheville each week-a quick 40 minute flight to Atlanta.

Lola and I picked up lunch from Sauce (going to miss Sauce), stopped at Walmart and Fry's and headed home. Uncle Don was at the house helping Ken load the generator and just spending some time with us before we head east. We bought sleeping bags for Bella and Lola so our nightly stops in the RV will be quick-no making the bed with sheets. Lola's sleeping bag had a tent in it, a surprise! We set it up in our room and she slept there all night. She took the flashlight that came with it in with her; also her vitamins for the morning and 'Charlit and Lilly' (stuffed friends). She asked me to get her a book to read so I picked Peter Rabbit "The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher'.

We ate a light dinner of baked potatoes and cupcakes (ok, not so light!). We called Bella to see if her dad was going to drop her off that night or early in the morning. Bella is going to join us for the road trip back to Asheville. She has been visiting her father here in Tucson. She told us that she would be dropped off in the morning but she has an orthodontist appointment at 10 am. What???? Now our plans have changed and it will really affect the schedule. It may not seem like a big deal but when you have approximately 2000 miles to go and the goal is to get to Asheville on Friday night so we can celebrate Lola's 9th Birthday Ziplining on Saturday with her dad, it's kind of irritating. I could say a whole bunch about inconsideration, selfishness but I am choosing to let it go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb