A lot since my last blog


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sonora » Puerto Peñasco
February 10th 2022
Published: February 10th 2022
Edit Blog Post

It has been a whirlwind week so far. I’m not sure what it is right now, but I will give you an update so far.

Our first service projects was a beach clean up at one of the local beaches. The main trash was cigarette butts, but we We cleaned them up. After lunch we went to a dialysis’ clinic that had been shut down during Covid. It needed a lot of cleaning and paint inside and out. It took us about 3 hours to finish. The clinic was put in by Rotarians to help save lives. Before the clinic people had to go 2 to 3 hours to get dialysis and many died in the process. Now with Covid the clinic has been shut down and nobody knows why. All the equipment is there ready for use.





One morning we took a tour of some past projects. We saw the house that had been built by Rotarians and the school that was completely renovated.





Today was the best day yet. We teamed up and went out to the the poor we parts of town and vaccinated mainly children and a few of the adults. Every family no matter how poor has their children’s shot records. They were given multiple types of vaccinations. Some children were so far behind needed 4 or 5 shots and an oral medicine for worms. You can’t believe how wonderful all the people were. I loved the kids. Suzanne and I brought suckers for all the kids after they received their shot. It breaks your heart to see how some people in our world have to live in. The women in this culture are the head of the house and have the task of doing everything. it was obvious that these women cherish their children and the most important thing for them is their children’s health and their education. i don’t know what else to say. I am so humbled after today. I am trying on my $1,000 iPad and within walking distance are so many people living on $1.00 day and trying to make life better for their children. No surprise why they are so anxious to cross the border.





We need to do more for our wonderful neighbors.


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th February 2022

You are all ?
We need more folks like you all in this universe. Bless you all for doing the work.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb