Last Day in Puerto Penasco


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Sonora » Puerto Peñasco
February 11th 2022
Published: February 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was our last full day in Puerto Penasco and another service project and at the end of course was another dinner party.

Our goal was to survey and fix up the water treatment plant the Red Rock club installed back in 2015. The purpose was to supply water to schools in the area. Tap water here is not suitable to be consumed by humans. The plant is set up to take the local water, filter and treat it to a consumable level and then deliver to the schools by truck. Water tanks were installed at the schools on the roof to use gravity for water pressure. In addition water was was made available to local residents at a small cost to help pay for operations. The operational portion of the plant is in perfect condition and ready for use. The project was funded and installed by Rotary.





With the closure of the schools the need for the water was eliminated. The outside needed paint and lots of cleaning up. With about 30 Rotarians the job was completed in about 3 hours. The plant is ready for full operation as soon as school starts again.



Last evening we had a dinner party at one of the Local Rotarians beach house. We made several connections with the local Rotarians and exchanged flags. The food was wonderful. We will be back again.





Heading to the border this morning. Hope to get through without too much trouble.


Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb