A Bunch of Stuff to Catch Up On


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Tequila
May 11th 2019
Published: May 11th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Rose's son, David, came to visit just as we were changing house sits. We figured it would be okay since the folks are not returning to Mexico from our second sit. He rented a car and we decided to take advantage of that to celebrate Rose's birthday. We took two trips in one day. First was to Tequila (you know, where TEQUILA is made). Only genuine Tequila made from agave from this area can legally be called Tequila. The second trip was to Tlaquepaque, separate blog entry.

First we went to the town center to look around. As expected, everything was geared toward Tequila tourism. There are many places where you can buy a little wooden barrel in various sizes for your Tequila, and lots of them will personalize it for you on the spot. All the big names (Sauza, Jose Cuervo, Herradura) have stores on the plaza. No breaks on the retail price.

After we saw as much of Tequila town as we wanted, we had a quick lunch and proceeded to look for tours. Word of advice: GO EARLY. I really wanted to visit the Herradura distillery. We went in and we could have taken the 3pm English tour, but it was a two hour walking tour, it was pretty hot, and we were already whipped. My back was killing me, so we just took a few pics and left.

I think there are like 34 pictures here. Be sure to cursor down the page to see them all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb