Tlaquepaque, an Artesan Town


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Tlaquepaque
May 11th 2019
Published: May 11th 2019
Edit Blog Post

TLAQUEPAQUE: TLAH-keh-pah-keh Say that ten times real fast.



Tlaquepaque is a part of Guadalajara dedicated to the arts. Cutesy does not begin to describe it. By the way, if you go here in a car, utilize one of the many (and cheap) parking lots to avoid the ubiquitous meter maid. She is ruthless!

We did not have a lot of time since we had already been to Tequila this same day. We basically stopped in to have a nice dinner for Rose's BD. Now this particular place has several restaurants around it with a gazebo type structure in the center where mariachis play traditional Mexican songs. They were quite good, and both Rose and I bought music CDs from the artists and got our photos with them, see below.

The food was pretty decent and the margaritas were outstanding. We had a nice time people watching and eating dinner and drinking. Rose and I might go back when we have more time to look around and we are feeling a little stronger. We dropped by the Ajijic malecon before retiring for the day so David could check it out. Those are the final two pics.

There are 23 pics so be sure to cursor down to see them all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb