Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Melaque
January 22nd 2016
Published: January 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Barra de Navidad

Friday

This morning we walked along the lagoon. We got many requests to rent a boat. When we were in Barra several years ago, there was a hotel along the lagoon with a display of birds. Couldn't find it this time. Out by the end of the Malecon we saw a couple of guys bringing in their catch of oysters. One was in the water in a wetsuit, carrying a net bag of their find. They will probably sell them to a restaurant. The seafood is very fresh here. The entire pier has disappeared. We think they may be dredging to make the entry deeper for bigger boats to come in, then rebuilding the pier.

When it got really hot, we went back to the hotel lounge for a game of Scrabble. Very embarrassing. Later in the day we walked to the end of the main street by the highway. Wanted a photo of the large fish sculpture that greets those coming in to Barra.

Later in the day we went out to find something to eat. Our two favorite restaurants were unfortunately closed today. We did a lot of walking, and finally stopped at Pipi's for hamburgers and fries (less than $3 each!) Excellent food, and rated online as having the best burgers in Barra. We walked by an interesting place, restaurant Loco Loco, built around a huge old tree. The roof line fits exactly under some of the huge branches. We didn't remember this from our last visit.

Later in the evening we went out to check out the sunset. Many bikers and skateboarders out, mostly kids. It is really lovely here at night, especially with the full moon. Fairly quiet, but a few places had live music. We walked down to the beach on several side streets, seeing if the sky over the ocean was getting more colorful. It ended up a shade of pink this evening. Many people were on the beach watching the sunset. Got ice cream cones on the way back. This is getting to be habit-forming.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb