Mexico 2016


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Melaque
January 21st 2016
Published: January 22nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Barra de Navidad

Thusday, 1-21-2016

Today we walked north and east of the central square, to the marina area. As we passed through town, we saw a guy putting a big fish in the back of his car. Many pet birds around here, some outdoors in cages, and sometimes you can hear chirping coming from the buildings. The marina area consists of three canals in from the ocean. Huge privately owned yachts and sailboats are moored here. Huge, elegant homes line the canals. This is definitely the wealthy part of Barra de Navidad. There is a big hotel, Casa Blanca, located in the area too. Looks like a big expat community lives in this area. Saw a big pickle ball court. Many properties were for sale.

Thursday is market day in Barra. The next cross street by the hotel was blocked off to traffic, and contained blocks and blocks of merchandise. There were tables of clothes, socks, kitchen and hardware items, leather goods, ceramics, food. vanilla, etc. Since Bob isn't a big shopper (an understatement), I walked up and down the stalls. Saw some stone jewelry, which was very expensive, but didn't really see anything else that caught my eye. Walked back to the hotel, passed the little store right next door. She had some specials displayed out by the sidewalk. I saw a necklace I liked marked $5. I thought it was in dollars, which seemed reasonable, but it was pesos (30 cents!) so I snapped it up. Bob says I am so extravagant.

Very warm today again. We walked quickly through the market, then around the main town again, found a good place for comida corrida, then headed up to the hotel lounge for reading and blogging. Bob was excited because he found a magazine in Finnish.

Went for an evening walk through town, down the Malecon to the ocean. Another beautiful sunset. Lots of late diners, but I guess we are just early dinner eaters. Found a new great place for ice cream cones. Three scoop waffle cones for less than $1, a real bargain. Ate them by the central square. Lots of flat cement, good spot to watch the skateboarders.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb