Another Trip!


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Distrito Federal » Mexico City
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from our first hotel:  Maria ChristinaView from our first hotel:  Maria ChristinaView from our first hotel: Maria Christina

We stayed here Sunday night...it is beautiful!
We are on a two week trip to Mexico City... If you're not interested in this trip, please unsubscribe, so the messages don't annoy you!

We left a rainy Seattle, flew to a frozen Chicago for the night (where a false fire alarm forced us out into 4 degree weather at 6:00 am!), and then on to Mexico City.

We love it here! The city is huge, of course, and polluted...but the weather is late springlike....and the air fairly clean for now. The architecture is varied and beautiful, the people friendly and helpful. Many have talked about the European feel here, and it's true.

There is high crime here, but we have felt perfectly safe, even at dusk...only one begger and no one hassled us about anything! Actually better then walking in some parts of downtown Seattle!

Yesterday, after we got to our hotel, we walked around and came upon a Sunday artist market in a park...later we walked down one of the main boulevards, where artists have created very inventive seating: everything from a giant hand to a seesaw to cubes...

Today, we slept in a bit, changed hotels (our first one was beautiful but
In the main plazaIn the main plazaIn the main plaza

This is the Zocala, the biggest central plaza in the world, I believe. The government building is behind me and the Cathedral is to the left.
a bit pricy) and then walked to the Historic District, where Aztec ruins mix with colonial churches and modern towers....The two museums we want to visit there are closed on Mondays, we will buy a tourist bus pass tomorrow and visit them along with other parts of the city...

I'm using the internet in a small college or technical school near our hotel...


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The CathedralThe Cathedral
The Cathedral

Opulent, but forboding...
cool old buildingcool old building
cool old building

This is near our hotel


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb