Best Day Yet


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It was a bit cloudy, a good day to clean up the condo, do some laundry and catch a couple more movies on HBO. We get a whopping four whole English channels here, CNN, ESPN, HBO and Discovery. Mostly we catch movies on HBO when we do watch tv.

We decide to go to the spa - Ian books himself a one hour massage, I book half an hour massage and pedicure. We walk over a few blocks to a little strip mall, the spa is nice and clean, new, quite high end and we were in for a treat. Our masseur must be part chiropractor, she rubs, twists and snaps, we've never had a massage quite like that before. Afterward, we both feel completely relaxed and moisturized as we walk back to the condo with a smile on our face, exchanging stories of our massage experiences.

After happy hour, we decide to grab a taxi to downtown, we walk down to the Bel Air Resort and meet up with a couple from Michigan on their honeymoon, so we share a taxi. To our objections they cover the cost - how nice! We want to try an Italian restaurant we've had our eye on called La Dolche, it had great reviews on trip advisor. The atmosphere is very classy, they have a lovely dining room but we choose to sit in the courtyard, I need a sweater as the air is cool. We have our choice of tables and pick one in the corner, but soon after we arrive, the place fills up, obviously a very popular place. A musician comes over and plays us a song on his guitar. We have a pizza and their special spaghetti that comes with a light tomato sauce, prawns, clams, mussels, fish, octopus - super good. Ian says it's the best he's ever had, we can't get seafood so fresh like this at home.

After a brief walk, we taxi back. Our bellies full, our bodies relaxed - it wasn't the sit in the sun - work on your tan kind of day you might expect, but it was a great day and a great meal, we think it was our best day so far.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb