Hot in Cabo


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Cabo at noon today while the sun was beating down. We decided that we would have lunch and wile away the time before heading out to explore the area.

After a 10 minute tender ride to the pier, we walked a short way and were approached by a hawker for a water taxi so we decided to take it to go see the infamous “Arch.” The arch of Cabo San Lucas, is a distinctive rock formation at the southern tip of Cabo San Lucas, which is itself the extreme southern end of Mexico's Baja California Peninsula.

So happy we did that as it was extremely hot but was cooler on the water. The landscape was just beautiful with caves and stone formations that looked like a pig and a witch. We especially liked the small rock which marked the separation of the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. It was gorgeous.

Our captain dropped us off on the beach in front of a bar which we thought would be fun to go to but it was noisy and crowded with young partiers (we were looking for old ones) so we walked the mile and a half back to the pier to get back on the tender.

We had “happy hour” in our room and went up to the self-service restaurant to eat and met some friends who invited us back to their room for some beer they bought in San Diego. We will miss these kinds of friendly interactions when we get home.





Hasta la vista, baby!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Three AmigosThree Amigos
Three Amigos

The Mexicans call them Mexican chickens. This stone is one-half in the Sea of Cortez and one-half in the pacific.
Love Beach on the Sea of CortezLove Beach on the Sea of Cortez
Love Beach on the Sea of Cortez

The other side is called Divorce Beach on the Pacific.


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb