3 more days in Quebec


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
June 20th 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.8266, -71.3024

Up Saturday morning and out the door. We started at the Museum fo the Fort.It had a multi media show about the French and British battle for Quebec. In the 1770's. Btitain won. Then on to the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity. This is an Anglican church in Quebec. While we were deciding what else to do, we noticed that the streets were blocked off near us. They were having a bicycle race today. We waited around for a while and soon here came about 150 riders powering up the hill. The did nine laps around old Quebec.
We then walked to the Battlefield Park Discovery Museum. It had a show about the main battles for Quebec. On our walk back home we passed the old Quebec jail. They were having tours of it, so we went in and took one. Love those old jails.
We got up on Father;s day and I got to pick the place for breakfast. We stopped by the TI and got tickets for a country bus tour on Monday. We walked over to the Frontenac Hotel and took a tour. It is an expensive hotel like the Awanhee in Yosemite. Its
Me and my new buddyMe and my new buddyMe and my new buddy

You gave this guy a dollar and he danced as good as Michael Jackson
alot bigger though, 680 rooms. We went for a stroll down by the waterfront. After we got back to old town, we took a carriage ride around town and then went out and had a fabulous chinese dinner.
We got up this morning, had breakfast and walked around town until our bus tour started. We went to Montmorency Falls, took a cable car to the top and I hiked back down to the bottom, 450 stairs! We drove thru a few small villages and ended up at this giant Bascilica! It is the Bascilica Ste Ann De Beaupre. Its out in the middle of nowhere. Its 300 feet long, 200 feet wide and 200 feet tall. All cut stone. I had trouble getting it in 1 photo. After our tour, we found a nice place for dinner. Then back to our hotel and start packing. Tomorrow we leave for Ottawa and then on to Toronto.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



21st June 2011

do you see the resemblence????
21st June 2011

Bob,Why are you not looking happy like Stacey??? Are you afraid of horses??

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0847s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb