Viva Le Quebec


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Québec City
June 17th 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.8266, -71.3024

We picked up our car on Thursday morning and drove back to the hotel to get our luggage. We got a Toyota Corolla. Not sure why its a best seller. Lets just say that it wouldn't be on my list.
We got directions from our hotel clerk and headed out into Montreal traffic. We made it about 2 miles and then gridlock! After sitting for a long time, we made a turn and headed out on our own. After driving around for 40 minutes looking for a sign for the freeway, we found ourselves at the same light that we had turned from. We finally got on the correct road and headed out. Soon we realised we weren't where we wanted to be. We finally pulled over, got out the Tom Tom and plugged it in. It wanted to take us back into Montreal and catch the freeway. By then, we had found a different route off the freeway. We went that way. It took longer than I had expected, almost 4 1/2 hours to reach Quebec. Then it took another hour to reach our hotel in Old Quebec.
We finally arrived, unpacked and went to dinner.
This morning we walked around lower Quebec and then took the funicular to upper Quebec. We walked to the Citadel and took a tour. It was built between 1820 and 1850 by the British after they took over Quebec. We then walked along the original wall around old Quebec City. We then tok a tour of the Bascillica De Notre Dame. It is the oldest Parish in North American, having been built around the middle 1600's. Very impressive! We walked around the seminary behind the church and made our way back to our hotel. Another 5 1/2 mile day. A short nap and then dinner with wine finished us off for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th June 2011

Hi Bob and Stacy! Looks like you are having a grand time. The old buildings are beautiful. McGill College? Any relation?Looking forward to more pictures.Have Fun!
18th June 2011

Bob, it sounds like you're having a great vacation. A lot of sites and a lot of walking. But I'm sure it keeps the pounds off when you eat more than you would at home.Hope you have a nice Father's Day tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing
you both soon.Cher
19th June 2011

It brings back memories. It was lovely there.
30th June 2011

A Toyota, and your Tom Tom, thats all you need.

Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb