Sore feet


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal
June 15th 2011
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.5075, -73.5587



We got up on Tuesday morning headed toward McGill University to the McCord museum. It was a natural history museum of Canada. We next went to the Marguerte Bourgeoys museum. It is a church founded in the late 1600's by the above woman. We took a tour of the Archeological site below the church. It had some of the original foundations from the original church. After lunch, we walked along the St. Laurence River and decided to take a river cruise aboard the Le Bateau-Mouche. It was a nice relaxing trip after a long day.
We got up this morning and headed out to the Olympic Park. We looked around and headed for the Biodome. We saw many live animals there. Next we headed for the Botanical gardens. Very nice. Some of the flowers were just blooming because its early summer here. We saw the Chinese garden, the Japanese garden and the Alpine garden. Not to mention that it was a beautiful day, sunny and in the mid 80's. We had a quick lunch and then walked to the Chateau Dufresne, which was a mansion owned by 2 brothers during the early 20th century. We then jumped on the Metro to the Canadian Centre for Architecture. It had a display of architecture in uniform-designing and building for the 2nd World War. It was very informative. We left there and headed back to our hotel after a 7 1/2 mile day. So all together we walked over 40 miles in Montreal!
Tomorrow morning we get our car and drive to Quebec City for more adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



16th June 2011

What's with the pose Captain Morgan?!?!?!?
30th June 2011

Love that church and gardens, did you start that Bonzi.??????

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb