Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia, Canada - Cape North - Ingonish


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The third and final day of my tour along the Cabot trail. I followed the Coastal (more scenic) route from Cape North toward Ingonish. Passed thru White Point and Neils's Harbour, both scenic fishing villages. Although it was raining as I left early in the morning, by the time I got to the Coastal trail the sun came out and it turned out to be a fine sunny day. This was the most enjoyable hike of the trip and a must do if you are in the area. Ocean coves, waves crashing against the rocks, the sights, sounds and smells of the ocean. You can get down and dirty on this trail as it follows the coast with ample opportunity to scramble off the beaten path (with due caution of course). There are numerous observation areas along the route. Close by is Black Brook beach with a remarkable and unadvertised waterfall a few hundred meters down the beach. I will call it the Black Brook waterfall! Worth the trip just to see the waterfall. Driving further south I stopped at Ingonish beach and viewed the majestic Keltic Lodge from the beach. In fact, my last hike - Middle Head trail, started from the lodge. This is an hour and a half hike to the end of the head where you see good ocean views, the cliffs of the area and often see the lobster fishermen plying their trade in the waters below. Tomorrow, following a night in Ingonish, I leave the Cabot Trail and will take a few days off before tackling Cape Split, overlooking the Minas Basin/Minas Channel area of Nova Scotia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb