Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia, Canada - Pleasant Bay - Cape North


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 2 of my trip around the Cabot Trail starting from Pleasant Bay. Hiked the Skyline Trail; one of the more popular trails in the park. A 9.2 km looped trail taking around 3 hours. It culminates in a boardwalk of 265 steps ( I counted), which takes you down to numerous observation points overlooking the rugged coast. You can also catch a glimpse of the winding Cabot Trail as it snakes its way up and down. This was followed by a short hike along MacIntosh Brook trail - a 30 minute return trip with a small waterfall at the end. Off to Beaulach Ban Falls, the highest waterfall in the park. Luckily it can be viewed as a roadside waterfall being at the end of a short gravel road. It was flowing feebly this day but still worth the trip. While en route to Cape North for the night, I headed north, off the Cabot Trail to Meat Cove; the most northerly community in Nova Scotia. The 8 km gravel road to get there was an indication of how isolated it is. Not much there but the isolated cove and a beach. Very scenic and worth the drive. If you are in the Cape North area, and have an a few hours to spare, give it a go. Quite unique. Will spend the night at a B&B in Cape North, off to Ingonish tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

IMG_5247IMG_5247
IMG_5247

Meat Cove from afar


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb