Our day in Canada


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
June 30th 2013
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 49.2605, -123.114

We started out our day today with breakfast at McDonalds just down the street. Then, after a quick stop at the hotel to pick up a few forgotton items, we headed toward Downtown Vancouver.

We drove past the city and on to Capilano park to explore the Rainforest. The park is built on a hill in beautiful wooded area just outside Vancouver. There are three main attractions: the suspension brige, treetop adventure and cliff walk and all three give you the opportunity to see the beauiful forest.

We had lunch at the park and I got to try poutine. For those who dont know, it is french fries sprinkled with cheese curds and covered with beef gravy....mmmmm. We spent more time at Capilano than we thought we would because it was such a cool place.

Then we got in the car to drive to Downtown Vancouver for a little walking tour.

On the way from Capilano to Vancouver we decided to stop at Stanley Park, which we had just seen was voted the best park in the world. It was so crowded. I guess Sunday afternoon on a holiday weekend might bring out the crowds to the park. It was a beautiful park and it was big.
We then went on into downtown. We were going to park near the sea wall and start our walk there but couldnt find any parking so, we ventured further into town and found a parking place. We walked around for a while before getting back to the beach. It was crowded with people too.

Vancouver, like much of the West, is having a heat wave so many people were taking advantage of the beach.

Our walking tour took us a couple of hours and then we drove around for while longer. The heat and all the walking had gotten to us so we decided to head back to the hotel for a rest, dinner and swim.

We decided on going to dinner at an Irish pub just down from the hotel that had been recommended to us. When we got there we found out that no minors were allowed so we went for Greek at another recommended restaurant. Dinner was good and afterwards we went back to the hotel where we relaxed and watched TV before bed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb