Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Richmond
July 20th 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Bottle your own wine store Steveston HarbourBottle your own wine store Steveston HarbourBottle your own wine store Steveston Harbour

Went into this wine store at Steveston. they had facilities for customers to bottle their own wine from there barrels. Quite unusual we thought.
Geo: 49.1632, -123.137

This morning left Lytton about 9-30am. Not in a hurry to ever visit there again!
Set out to drive to Vancouver. The road ran along side the mighty Fraser River and the scenery was fine, the river and the pine-covered mountains along the way. Went through the town of Hope which led to inevitable puns about living in Hope and the town which springs eternal!!.
Once on the Freeway it was an easy but boring drive into Vancouver. With the help of my magnificent map reading Fletcher navigated his way into downtown Vancouver. However, there was not a motel to be seen. We drove on towards the Seattle road and after much fruitless searching arrived in Richmond where near the airport we found the motels in a cluster!!.
We have booked into the Travelodge for 2 nights. They give a discount for seniors!!
We then drove to Steveston Landing which is at the point where the Fraser river meets the Pacific. There is a Fisherman's Wharf there ( a la San Francisco). This was great. We inspected all the Fishing boats selling their fresh catches along the wharf: sockeye salmon, halibut, skate, prawns and octopus .Bought a lovely skirt and pretty polka dot dress from an intersting little dress shop . We also found this bottle shop which had a bottle your own wine facility. Quite amazing!! Had lunch at a great restaurant ; The Shady Islands, where a Gulf of Georgia seafood platter for 2 proved a winner. So much so we have foregone any dinner. We hope to listen to the Showdown tonight through ABC online.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb