A Day on the Road


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
July 19th 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.2338, -121.577

Today was a travelling day. We set out from Jasper late after a late breakfast and going to the Post Office to send Lucy and Sam presents for their birthdays. We then drove towards Kamploops. We stopped for lunch at a small town called Blue River. We had a great lunch there at Saddlelodge restaurant. We continued to drive along the Thompson River. One of the observations we have made is of the huge freight trains that run through here. Today as we were driving there were at least 12 trains which each stretched at least a kilometre in length. I managed to count the number of carriages and it was 100!!
We drove through Kamploops and on to Highway 1. We decided to stop at a small town called Lytton. It is a very run down type of place and it seems it is populated by a large number of indigenous Canadians. We drove just out of town to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. When the food eventually came it was great but we did have to wait over an hour for it.
Tomorrow we go to Vancouver where we plan to stay for a couple of days.
I will add some pictures to this from our experiences yesterday.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.487s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb