The Worlds Tallest Building


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.27, 55.33

The observation deck was located on the 124th floor. The building stood some 885 metres tall. Our day started and ended with the Burj Khalifa. Tickets to the top booked online for 120 Dirhams, about 35AUD. A bargain to ascend the worlds tallest manmade structure. Our booking was for 10.30am. The views from the top were spectacular and really showed the Dubai landscape; sterile, flat, arid, desolate. A real construction zone. Empty sand neighbors multi million dollar skyscrapers. Given the explosion in wealth and development over the last 15 years, one can only marvel at how this city might look in another 15 years.Basically the next 6 hours was spent at the Dubai Mall. A massive complex with plenty of entertainment and things to see; an ice skating rink, Sega World (games and rides), a massive fish tank and aquarium, waterfall and cinema complex. We lingered aroynd to wait for the Dubai Fountain show at dusk at the base of the Burj Khalifa. We watched two spectacular shows, water jetting up to 100 metres high to light and sound effects. We headed back via train for dinner at a local restaurant called Spicy King. We shared a delicious share platter of assorted meats with bread and dips, along with mixed juice and an interesting dessert called Ras Malai, a cold white refreshing flat sweet, similiar in taste to Gulub Jamun. Now to pack, our time in Dubai ends today and we gave an early flight tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



3rd May 2013

Done a lot in 1 week - luv the throne - take photos of any nice patterns you see!
3rd May 2013

Love the throne - don't forget to take photos of any interesting patterns for me eg. chairs, walls, floors etc.
6th May 2013

Hi Nat,looks like your having a great timecheers for now Ian (KCF)

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb