London Landing


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London
May 3rd 2013
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.5002, -0.126236

We were up at 5am in Dubai to catch a free transfer to the airport for our flight to London.The flight itself was probably the best of the three legs. Seats seemed roomier, better service, bigger tvs and better selection of movies.Our arrival and first day in London wasnt exactly dreamy. We touched down in Gattwick around 1pm. First thing we purchased local phone sim cards with Toggle. Our numbers work, but not data access. Then we elected to catch the bus to London to save money. This was packed, loud and took about two hours, painful after 7.5 hours on a flight. It got us to Victoria station at peak hour. Using the tube at this time with our massive packs wasnt great.Eventually, we got to our Easy Hotel near Old Street station in Barbican.Staff were nice. Room was tiny, fine. No windows, fine. Bed comfy enough, shower ok. The problem, no air flow, no aircon. They say its broken, nothingcan be done. Within 2 hours, your soaked in sweat and sleep isnt really on the cards. We enjoyed a pub meal for dinner which was delicious and tried to get a bit of sleep.Things would have to get better from here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb