Emirates Experience


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 25.27, 55.33

For the first time on this trip, we woke at our leisure, no alarm was set. After a home cooked bacon and egg sandwich for breakfast, I jumped online to decide what could be done in the remaining time we had before a pre booked dune bashing adventure. Turned out, the Dubai museum, the oldestbuilding in dubai, was under 30 minutes walk from our hotel. I drew up a quick map and soon enough, we were on our way. We escaped a bit of market heckling before arriving at the museum, formerly a mud fort, buil in the late 1700s.Entry fee was a mere 3 Dirhams each. 1 Dirham is approx 3.8AUD. The museum gave a brief account of the history of Dubai and included many cultural exhibits.We returned to the hotel around 1pm, with enough time for a swim in our pool before being picked up for a Dune Bashing tour.Our tour group for today consisted of leader Qismat, a couple from near Durham in the UK, Derek and Helen, and a couple aruound our age on their honeymoon from Glascoe, Ritchie and Amanda. First on the agenda was dune bashing itself, heaps of fun out in the endless sandy dunes. Lotsnof sliding, skidding, peaks and troughs, a real sandy roller coaster. We made a stop for photos and sand boarding which was fun. Im struggling at the moment with both my left ankle and right hamstring which made even jumping for photos difficult. Soon we arrived at our evening camp in the middle of nowhere. There was lots of fun activities here, photos with a falcon (for an unexpected price), camel rides and Shish smoking. Rather than tobacco, the Shish is more flavours, fruit, berries etc. The main event included all sorts of local dancing with a buffet dinner. Whilst the dancing was somewhat impressive the biggest entertainment came from the shock and fear at our table as three stray cats randomly elected to engage in furious battle at our feet. As for the food we had no real idea what we were eating but tried a bit of everything. It was delicious. Nat and I enjoyed the sweets, a dry gulub juman type treat. We departed around 9 for home, getting some spectacular views of the city along the way. Tomorrow, we head up the worlds tallest building.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



2nd May 2013

sounds like your having amazing experiences - looking forward to photos
7th May 2013

I think you both look more like pirates then Arabs ;-)
7th May 2013

Haha can't we be Arab pirates? :p
14th May 2013

You guys looking so relaxed and having so much fun xx

Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb