Lost in the desert of Wadi Rum


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » South » Aqaba
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Visiting Jordan with Philip (american and fellow backpacker), after surprisingly stunning Lebanon, is another treat:
Playing backgammon, and mastering my ability to failure (bets cannot get better, and I rage when I loose), driving along the King Hussein Highway and its picturesque landscape while listening to Pussycat dolls tape all day long, dringking loads of chai (tea) and puffing the magic narguile all along, witnessing the beauty of the jordan scenery, whether its the camels in a deserted field (having the chance to meet a local bedouin that lets you ride one of its camel, make you some perfect and hot tea, and bargaining your price to the man travelling with you, suggesting you are worth 3 camels !!!)...
I could keep on like that, the list is long for a seven day trip in the Hashemite country, but I have to admit the top of my memory goes to that night in the desert all alone, with a tiny tent, transparent enough for us to see the marvellous sky above our head...and in all the splendor of this moment, deciding to go for a little walk, under the moon and the stars in the sky, without using any flashlight, leading us to the obvious: loosing our tent.
We spent more than an hour with both our flashlight (thank God, they didn't run out of batteries) desperately looking for our tent, without any luck. After a while, you get even more lost and all bushes around us looked like a tent.
e didn't run into a camel, or a scorpio, a snake or worse a hyena ( in the dark your imagination runs wild)> ... but we did run into a beautiful soul, driving a jeep, who helped us getting back to our fucg tent safely.

A good night to remember, for sure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Dinner time in AmmanDinner time in Amman
Dinner time in Amman

This plce is famous for having received his highness the King Abdullah and his fantastic and gorgeous wife, Queen rania. Pictures and articles on newspaper of that day are on the walls...and they came for good reasons, the fod was awesome.
Phil going loco over the choices..Phil going loco over the choices..
Phil going loco over the choices..

...or was it over the hugeamount of icecream I picked?
Watching some soccerWatching some soccer
Watching some soccer

Real Madrid beating some other spanish unfamous team


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb