Republic of Ireland. Dungarvan. 103km


Advertisement
Europe
September 12th 2017
Published: September 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

BDay 11. Dungarvan. 103 km
Cork had to be navigated today to get on our way eastwards to Dungarvan. The city was busy at 9am and the N25 eastwards was not a place to ride a bike so we headed up into the hills before coming back down to the river at Glounthaune. Some thought this was unnecessary punishment to the legs and I might agree as mine suffered as well. However, a good night's sleep may make mutiny a less likely prospect. The land whilst not attractive, as in previous days, it was flatter and when we got to the deli in Midleton we felt more relaxed. Onwards to Youghal for lunch in a nice cafe on the Main Street by the clock tower, where we all seemed to meet up again. A quick look at the harbour and off again around the bay to see the wading birds eating their ’all day breakfast’ before heading to the hills once more. This time a very long hill but with a welcome tail wind. As we went through Clashmore it was difficult not to notice all the blue and white bunting, sign written cars and ,Good Luck’ signs at the roadside. I asked a lady what it was for and she told me a local lad played Hurling for Waterford and there was a big game last week against Galway and sadly Waterford lost. Before we got to the top of the hill it started to rain and did not stop for several hours. I should have put on my cape, but like a fool I didn't and paid the price of a being a very soggy person as we arrived at Barnawee Bridge B&B. The decent to Dungarvan was quite long and fast but we still couldn't dodge between the raindrops and the pleasure of cycling in the rain had taken on a very negative aspect by the time the town came into view. Along the cycle path to Barnawee Bridge and Michelle looked on in horror at the door and rushed us around to the bike shed and then offered to carry our shoes inside with an armful of towels at the ready. Being the kind lady that she is, she then ordered two taxis to take to us to town and then a meal at 7pm in the Moorings pub. Bravo Michelle.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement




Tot: 0.44s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb