Day 38 - London


Advertisement
Europe
September 3rd 2011
Published: January 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We didn't sleep in too much today as we had to be up again to have our breakfast and make our way to Leicester Square for the third day running to get the last of our half price tickets; for tonight show of Wicked.
After this we jumped back on the tube to Kings Cross Station to meet up with Carl. He was good enough to come into London again to hang with us some more before we returned back to Australia.
When we found him we jumped back on the tube to St Johns Wood station where we got off, stole a piece of paper from a news stand (it was an old advertisment) and wrote on the back of it so we could hold it up to the Abbey Road camera.
We made our way found to Abbey Road, worked out where the camera was and I phoned home to get them to log on to the website so people at home could see us, and what we were doing.
As tomorrow was not only Mum's birthday but Father's Day, we'd written both on the back of the paper and held it up to the camera for them to see.
After this, we wrote on the wall of Abbey Road Studios then in our best effort tried to copy the cover of the Beatles album by crossing the zebra crossing.
From here we took the quite long walk to Camden Town to the Camden markets.
Here we got some lunch and sat by the river to eat it. It was so peaceful and relaxing. We then went into a few of the shops and throuhg the markets, found an amazing cup cake stall then moved on to catch the tube to go to M&M world. Carl left us after this and we continued on for a little more shopping. When we were done we came out from Top Shop and there was some random singer called 13 Shell who had stopped all the traffic in the street and was busting out his tunes. Then when he finished he thanked everyone and everything went back to normal.
We went back to the hotel, got ready and made our way to see Wicked. It was just as good as when I'd seen it in Melbourne that's why I was happy to see it again.
After Wicked we jumped on the tube to meet up with Carl. We stopped in at Subway on the way for a quick dinner as by this time it was already about 10:00pm.
We walked a few blocks to a club called GAY.
It was a gay club and Carl was inside with his friend Sarah and another girl. The security lady wasn't going to let us in because she said they were closing soon but when we said we had friends inside and basically refused to leave she let us in.
As it turned out, they were open for quite a but longer and we got in quite a few drinks, some lethal, and a lot of boy band music before we left and went around the corner to another place.
It was at this point that Mary and I decided to call it a night and we jumped in a cab to head back to the hotel. We got back there by about 1:30am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb