Day 37 - London


Advertisement
Europe
September 2nd 2011
Published: January 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We weren't up too late today, we had our included breakfast, got ready and headed back to Leicester Square to get some more half price tickets,; tonight for The Wizard of Oz.
After we got those, we jumped on the tube to head over to St Pauls Cathedral. We took some photos, found a hot cop to get a photo with and then moved on to head toward Tower Bridge.
Along the way we came across The Monument to the Great Fire of London. It stands at 61.57m tall. It stands at the junction of Monument Street and Fish Street Hill, 202 ft (61.57 metres) from where the Great Fire of London started in 1666. We didn't know at the time that you can go up to the top of it.
We continued on our way to the River Thames but grabbed some Japanese food on the way to eat in the park as it had turned out to be a really nice day. After we made our way further down the Thames to the Tower of London.
As I'd already done the tour back in 2006 I didn't really want to pay to do it again so Mary went in and did that and I walked around the area, went to Starbucks and people watched until she was done.
When she came out we walked down and across Tower Bridge to the other side of the Thames. We stopped midway to take some photos and again at the other side.
We jumped back on the tube to the hotel, got ready then went to dinner at Burger King for a fast dinner. We headed in and The Wizard of Oz was also brilliant. The costumes, the actors, the songs... fantastic.
After the show we headed to Covent Gardens to meet up with Mary's friends at a club called 'Foundation'. They served their drinking in jars, it was bizarre but funky. From there we then moved on to another place called 'Sway'. Sway was really cool, it had a light up dance floor.
Eventually we got sleepy and jumped in a cab back to the hotel. From memory it was about 3:30am when we got in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.478s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb