Day 39 - London to Beijing


Advertisement
Europe
September 4th 2011
Published: January 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last day in Europe. We were up in time for breakfast and to check-out. As ourflight wasn't until tonight we left our bags in storage and jumped on the tube out to Spitalfields Markets.
The markets we're quite good, the only thing was that it started to rain while we were there and we kind of got stuck. When I say rain, it was bucketing down. We ending up buying these silk and satin scarves for 1pound to at least hold over our heads while we bolted back to the tube station. They didn't really work though and by the time we reach the station we were pretty drenched.
Soldiering on, we jumped on the tube to head out to meet up with my friend Jackie near Harrods. Jackie is a cop in London, she was my room buddy on my Asian Contiki last year and it was good to see her nearly a year on. We shopped for a little bit, getting some last minute gifts before jumping back on the tube to Leicester Square to have fish and chips at a pub there for lunch.
It was a nice last meal in London and I got to have a decent catch up with Jackie which was nice.
After lunch we parted ways with Jackie to head back to the hotel to meet up with Carl to say our goodbyes. He was going to spend the morning with us too but was feeling rather under-the-weather from last nightl.
We grabbed our belongings, said our goodbyes and made our way on the train to Heathrow Airport.
We were probably a bit eraly but it's better that than get stuck somewhere along the way. Our flight was at 8:25pm so we checked-in our bags, went through security and waited at the gate to Board.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.439s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb