Day 33 - Barcelona to Valencia


Advertisement
Europe
August 29th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 9:00am after a really good sleep in. We sat by the pool for about 2 hours with the sun coming and going and I was able to call home on Viber using the hotels internet.
We got ready and checked out by midday leaving our stuff at the hotel and making our way to La Rambla. We were just heading back to get lunch at the market but got distracted by the shop Zara. We have hit up at least one Zara store in almost every city we've been to, its rediculous but the stuff is stunning and so cheap here.
Before we knew it we were heading down to the market at like 1:30pm and we still had to have lunch (which we did, and it was lovely) and get back to the hotel to get our bags and get another cab to the train station to catch our 3:00pm train to Valencia.
We made it with plenty of time to spare and got our seats.
Its a bullet train so it only took 3.5hours to get to Valencia and the time went rather fast as i had my iPod and was doing my blogs. Also the scenery ont he way was stunning as half the time we were going along the coast so your could just see beaches.
We got to Valencia station just after 6:30pm where we jumped in a cab to our hotel.
The hotel is lovely and really close to a huge shopping centre, the port, beaches and various other things. We checked in, dumped our bags and decided to go for a walk. Everywhere we went in the hotel all we found was Aussies, even on the streets, Aussie accents is all you hear, it's crazy.
We headed round the block for a look around then down toward the arts centre and dinosaur exhibit. Valencia, well what we've seen of it so far really is stunning. I kind of feel like I'm in Dubai or something with the architecture here. We walked though the area then found the shopping centre so went in there as i had to find some cheap shorts to wear for the La Tomatina festival in two days. We stayed in the shops for ages. Its amazing, they are open until 10:00pm. We got some dinner here at Brazillian Grill place. Basically we paid 9.95euro and it was kind of like a buffet except they bring food up to you and ask if you want it. Salad and various other things but also included was 10 different types of meat. I was full after the first 4 or 5. It was well worth the money as we walked out crazily full.
We walked back to the hotel where we attempted to hit up the sauna but it was out of order so dangled our feet in the pool for while before retunring to our room to de-gross our feet again and chill. In bed by about 12:45am.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb