Day 32 - Barcelona


Advertisement
Europe
August 28th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!
We didn't drag our butts out of bed until midday, even then we still only got 5 hours sleep. We thought we'd better do something today so we walked around the corner and got a souvalaki to share for brunch. We then caught a cab back to La Rambla where we planned on hitting up the produce market only to find that Sunday is the only day of the week it isn't open. Shattered. So we walked to KFC as Mary was feeling peckish still. Even the smell of the place made me feel like i wanted to vomit. We walked round the corner to the pub we started at last night to catch up with the boys from last night but only found a few of them so then we started to head up La Rambla and walked past a place called American Soda where Mary spotted some prawns she liked the look of. I swear my stomach has shrunk since I've been here because that half a souvalaki was more than enough for me, I wasn't hungry in the slightest but Mary was so in we went. As if KFC wasn't bad enough, now i had to sit there thought the smell of seafood, blahh. Nathan stopped by for a bit while we were there to say our goodbyes before they headed back to London that night. We said our goodbyes and continued up La Rambla to catch the Hop-on hop-off out to The Sagrada Familia.
This building is amazing, and its designed and start builder of it really was a genius. It is stunning. We walked all the way around it taking photos and taking it all in before heading inside. The inside was just as beautiful. A real sight to be seen, photos just dont quite do it justice. After this, we caught a cab back to the hotel where I decided to pay the 1euro to head up the top of the Arean which was on the otherside of the huge roundabout that our hotel is on. The views from the top were very cool, and you could walk the whole way round the top.
After this I headed back to the hotel as Mary didnt want to do the Arena where we then hit up the hotel pool. By this point though there was barely any sun left and we got over it so we got changed and made our way round the corner to an Indian Restaurant. Yes, we are in Spain but something you just feel like something different. The food was really good too, and really cheap. After dinner we just headed back to the hotel and chilled there for a bit, booked our train ticket for tomorrow and got some boarding passes etc printed. Just stuff that had to be done, a nice relaxing night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.557s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 81; dbt: 0.2194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb