Day 31 - Arrive in Barcelona


Advertisement
Europe
August 27th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our train arrived in to Barcelona at 9:00am. We slept in our clothes as we were too lazy and tired to get changed so we stayed in those to get off the train too. We jumped in a cab to head to the hotel. As it was only like 9:20am by that time we weren't able to check-in yet so we grabbed some clothes out of our cases, got changed in the toilets and headed out to do a hop-on hop-off tour of Barcelona. We went up past the Spanish Village and past all the arenas etc used for the 1996 Olympics then headed down toward the port where we not much later got off at La Rambla.
This is the main shopping strip in Barcelona. We walked down for a little bit then found a place called Pans for lunch which is kind of like a change of fast food. Regret kicked in after we ate that and walked a tiny bit further down the road only to discover a fresh produce market. Devistated. The food we had was so rubbish too.
The market really was amazing. Fresh fruit, veggie, meat, seafood, paultry.. anything and everything. everything smelt amazing and looked even better. We got some fresh fruit salad and smoothies to try and cancel out what we just had eaten and it was all so tasty.
After this we had a bit of a shop an jumped back on the bus to head to the hotel to check in. We had showers and really took our timee getting ready because it's kind of the first night we've had where we've had time. We got ready and caught a cab back to la Rambla for dinner. We grabbed some tapas and had some sangria. We then headed down to a bar call Temple Bar where we met up with my friend Nathan (from my first Contiki 2 yrs ago) as he was here with about 20 other guys for a stags/bux weekend. We had a few drinks and shots before then moving on to another little bar where tequila and sangria were flowing then we moved to a club in the same square. The music was really cool, a mix of old and new and the boys were all alot of fun. I believe Mary and I got back to our hotel just before 7:00am. It's so hard here because clubs here don't really kick off until about 1:00am so it makes everything very late.
Good times though.

Advertisement



30th August 2011

Woohoo! GS09!!

Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb