Day 34 - Valencia


Advertisement
Europe
August 30th 2011
Published: January 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we got a little bit of a sleep-in before we had to check out of the hotel we were in and check-in to the one next door. As it turned out, the one we were in for the La Tomatina Tour had an identical one next door, just with a slightly different name. No big deal. We checked-in our stuff then had a brief meeting with the tour manager to give us all our bits and bobs for the festival and to tell us about the party tonight that was organised by the tour company. After, we then decided to have a walk around the shops in the area only to discover well, nothing much at all. So we chucked on our bathers and jumped in a cab and asked him to take us to the beach, a nice one. That he did, it was a lovely beach, sand so white and fine, and so much of it. The water was lovely and we hired day beds the same as we did in Nice but for a third of the price. As was the hotel , the beach was just full of Aussies; it was like being at a beach at home..bizarre.
After I'd picked up some clour (and Mary had in the shade) we made our way back to the hotel then into Old Tow to check out some shops and also to find out some prices at the post office to post some of our excess baggage home. It was so much better priced than the prices we'd got in London so we'd decided to get that organised over the coming days. We headed back to the hotel then to get ready for our meeting in the lobby with the whole tour group then we all jumped on provided buses and headed over to near where the 'pre tomato party' was where we were joined by two guys from our hotel Wassam (an American who currently lives in and another guy(who was Aussie but living and working in Abu Dhabi) and we decided to grab some dinner before hitting the drinks. We had a delightful meal and some drinks while getting to know them a little before we headed over to High Cube bar for some more drinks and dancing.
Here we actually ran into some of Nathan's mates who we met in Barcelona. We knew they were doing the tour, and it was with the same company but they were in a different hotel. So funny that we ran into them still. So we all hung out drinking and dancing until I decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel with another guy who was also at the same hotel, he was Aussie also (surprise, surprise). I got in about 2:00am, no idea what time Mary dragged her butt in but it was late.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.583s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb