Day 1-2 London to Brugge to Heidelburgh


Advertisement
Europe
July 5th 2010
Published: July 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 1
Well we finally started our epic journey across the world from London to Sydney. Departing from Victoria Embankment in London at just after 0700 Sunday morning was easy enough, which actually set the trend for the first day of our trip.

We headed out in good time for Dover to catch our ferry to Calais, easily filling in the time on the bus getting to now each other. Our group is a fairly even one, 7 girls, 6 guys - 5 Irish, 4 English, 1 German, 1 Spanish, 1 Latvian, and of course last but not least, 1 Australian.

We caught a 1000 ferry across to Calais, and headed up to Brugge straight away, arriving in the mid afternoon, in plenty of time for a look around this beautiful city before dinner.

I actually managed to climb up the 360 odd steps of the belfry without killing myself and back down again before giving in to the desire for chocolate and beer.

Our first dinner together was shared by the whole group in a little restaurant walking distance from our hostel and though some of us had to wait an hour longer than the rest
BruggeBruggeBrugge

View from part way up the Belfry (366 steps)
for our meal, it was none the less enjoyable. I think the beer helped the wait though!

Day 2
Brugge to Heidelburgh was a slightly longer day travelling, departing the hostel at 0800 and arriving in Heidelburgh at around 1630 in the afternoon. We settled in to the hostel before taking a aound town. Having visited this city before, I was happy to join those who were just after a beer before returning to the hostel for a wonderful meal of snitchel and beer.

So far, a good start to the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Brugge chocolateBrugge chocolate
Brugge chocolate

Believe it or not - this is chocolate


6th July 2010

on the road again
Wow that all sounded rather exciting. Does everyone speak english or at least an understandable form of the language? Not too ho0t for you I hope. We're freezing over here especially in the mornings. xoxoxo
6th July 2010

HEIDELBERG!!! SCHNITZEL!!!! (you'd do the same thing to me...!)

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb