We're still alive!


Advertisement
Europe
January 1st 2010
Published: January 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So we spent the night in Salerno last we left off. Before coming back to go to sleep, we spent the day in Pompeii. It was incredible to see the city left just as it was in 79ad when the Volcano had erupted!

After the night in Salerno, we headed for Sicily, where we were staying in Castiglione di Sicilia. I thought my Italian was getting better until we got to Sicily. They don't speak italian there, but Sicilian..which apparently is VERY different from Italian. We made friends with a couple of people about our age staying at the same B&B as us, and rang in the New Year teaching each other card games from our respective coutries (they were Italian).

This morning we got up and took a train to Naples, where we are right now as we wait for an overnight train to Bari where we hope to catch a ferry tomorrow afternoon to Greece. We again don't know when we'll get internet next to update you more on our recent adventures, but we hope to have it soon because there is a lot to write about Sicily!

P.S. Mel actually climbed a mountain/ volcano with us! Be proud!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb