Γρεεψε


Advertisement
Greece's flag
Europe » Greece » Attica » Athens
January 4th 2010
Published: January 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We are in Greece! We got here yesterday afternoon..and due to the holidays, have to leave tomorrow evening. We've met a bunch of other backpackers in our travels: some from Italy, some from Canada, some from Brazil, 1 from New York, and 1 from Iran/ Finland! We saw the Acropolis today, and met a few crazy Greek dogs. I think the dogs tried to be our tourguides on our way to the temple of Zeus. The dogs tried to bite the taxis if they got too close to us..no joke! They might have thought they were protecting us but we thought we were going to see a dog die! CRAZY! Mel and Sara bought new books to read yesterday for the ferry ride and plane ride home.

We are hoping to bike around Patras tomorrow afternoon before our ferry leaves (we found a place that rents free bikes for a few hours there yesterday and decided to do that to pass time tomorrow). Wednesday is Epiphany so most things will be shut down but there should be some fun festivities in Rome to watch while we're there.

We'll see you on Thursday when we get home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb